[MINC-users] volume_io

Anthonin REILHAC anthonin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 10 14:38:04 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I would like to read a whole minc file (time,z,y,x) in one shot (using
input_volume) and save it back in one shot using ouput_volume().
When I do this, the min/max values per xy-slice the original file
contains are lost, and replaced by min/max values for the whole 4D volume.

Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I am trying a variant: I load the whole volume with
input_volume in a Volume variable and
save the same volume back (using the same Volume variable) in a new file,
xy-slice wise (using loops over time and z), with
output_volume_to_minc_file_position() function. But this does not work.
In this last variant, should the Volume passed to
output_volume_to_minc_file_position be of the dimension of the subset of
the whole volume we want to write on disk(of a xy-slice?) or
can it be of the dimension of the whole volume and we specify the part we
want to write with volumes_counts and file_start?

Thanks in advance.

Anthonin Reilhac
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, WB2B
Montreal Neurological Institute