[MINC-users] minc2 API - miget_space_name yields unexpected results

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 6 12:19:09 EDT 2009

Hi List,

   A quick question for the minc2 users out there.  I'm calling
miget_space_name in order to get the space type (tal, native, etc),
but am always getting "native____" returned (even for Tal volumes).
The doc states that MI_NATIVE is returned if type is not found, so it
would seem as if the space type is not being found. Ok. So where is it
looking for the space type attribute?  This attribute is usually
attached to each dimension, so one would expect an midimension
argument would have to be passed, ... not so.  The call looks like
this:

int miget_space_name( mihandle_t volume, char **name );

  So, only the volume is passed.  Question is, where is it looking for
the space type? Is it looking at each dimension and grabbing the first
one where it finds the space type? If so, we may have a bug. Or is it
looking somewhere else? My current mincy environment is at 2.0.15.
Ideas?  Is anyone using the minc2 API?

-Jim

--
Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.