[MINC-users] FW: CIVET Lobar Estimates of Surface Area, Thickness and Volume

Raznahan, Armin (NIH/NIMH) [V] raznahana at mail.nih.gov
Sat Apr 11 10:49:04 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Raznahan, Armin (NIH/NIMH) [V]
Sent: Thu 4/2/2009 10:38 AM
To: minc-users at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Subject: CIVET Lobar Estimates of Surface Area, Thickness and Volume

Dear All

I am a CIVET newbie and have a quick question about the above that I hoped
the group may be able to help with.

How are lobar estimates of total surface area (SA), mean thickness (CT) and
total cortical volume (CV) generated? I have extracted these from the .dat
files in the segment sub-folder of the output.

I cannot find a reference for methodology and validation of automated
surface-based parcellation within CIVET. I am assuming lobar estimates are
derived from those of smaller sub-lobar regions. With regards to SA  - is
this SA of the white/gray surface of the gray/pial?

Many thanks in advance for any info you can provide about this

Best

Armin

Armin Raznahan
Visiting Fellow