[MINC-users] MINC2 is not thread safe?

Vladimir FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:52:30 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I was trying to write a small program that would process some minc files
in parallel.  I am randomly getting one of the following error messags
whenever I am trying to  read MINC files in parallel:

(from MI_icv_chkid): Illegal ICV identifier
or

HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 library version: 1.6.6 thread 0.  Back
trace follows.
   #000: H5S.c line 476 in H5Sclose(): not a data space
     major(01): Function arguments
     minor(03): Inappropriate type

or

(from miicv_create): Unable to open file 'XXXXXXX.mnc'

So, is the MINC library not multithread safe? I am using MINC1 API , ans
reading MINC2 files.

Version of the library:

libminc: 2.0.15
netcdf : 3.6.1 of Mar 10 2008 13:23:53 $
HDF5   : 1.6.6
--
Best regards,
  Vladimir S. Fonov ~ vladimir dot fonov at gmail dot com