[MINC-users] MINC to DICOM

Jonathan Harlap jharlap at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 3 09:55:40 EDT 2008

Your view seems to coincide with Alex's, where you assume that what
you're trying to do is take a minc produced by dcm2mnc and then run it
straight back through mnc2dcm, whereas almost every user I've
interacted with who wanted mnc2dcm actually wanted to convert some
processed result so they could load those results into a non-minc
software package (which may be a PACS system).  In that case, using
the original DICOM headers from something further up the processing
chain doesn't make sense.

As an aside, if you want a dcm2X (dicom) => image + headers, your X =
analyze.  One of the selling points of minc is that you keep all this
info together in one file that's easy to manage, and that its header
structure is very freely extensible to store arbitrary (user-defined)
attributes.