[MINC-users] [avsurf error]: Function '+' not defined for variables of class 'int32'

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 28 18:36:00 EST 2008

Hi Najma,

   Are you using Surfstat to do this because you really want to ... or
would you be willing to create the average surface with another
(easier) method?  Personally, I would use "average_objects" from the
bicpl package.  Just do ...
>average_objects out.obj in1.obj in2.obj in3.obj ...   (note that the output obj is the *first* argument.)

Cheers,

-Jim

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Najmeh Khalili M.
<najma at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone help me with solving the following error please?
> I am trying to average the hemispheric object files of 50
> subjects. (I am using matlab 6.1 on a local linux box.)
>
> Many thanks,
> Najma
>
>>> avsurf = SurfStatAvSurf( filesboth );
> 50 x 2 files to read, % remaining: 100 ??? Error using ==> +
> Function '+' not defined for variables of class 'int32'.
>
> Error in ==>
> /export01/local/matlab7a/toolbox/surfstat/SurfStatReadSurf.m
> On line 66  ==>         surf.tri=[surf.tri;
> int32(s.tri)+size(c,2)];
>
> Error in ==>
> /export01/local/matlab7a/toolbox/surfstat/SurfStatAvSurf.m
> On line 29  ==>
> [s,ab]=SurfStatReadSurf(filenames(i,:),ab,2);

Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
McGill University
Tel: (514) 340-8222 x 2298
Fax: (514) 340-8295