[MINC-users] Intracranial Volume?

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Nov 20 11:11:17 EST 2008

Hi All,

   I'm currently doing some cortical thickness regressions, and would
like to include a measure of intracranial volume as a covariate.  Now,
I know that I can get a measure of brain volume using either the Civet
(native) brain mask, or by summing the tissue classification
components (CSF,GM,WM), however, brain volume does not include the
volume of CSF located between the cortical surface and the inner
aspect of the skull.  For a normal, young population, these measures
may be effectively the same, but for elderly and demented, they are
not.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

-Jim

--