[MINC-users] For the OSX 10.5 crash test dummies.

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu May 29 12:48:04 EDT 2008

On 5/1/08 9:57 AM, Andrew Janke said:

>>  Are there installers anywhere for a Universal Binary version of minc?
>>  Or at least for 32bit PowerPC?  I've looked on <http://
>>  packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca> but everything seems to be Intel-only or
>>  several years old.
>
>I build essentially what people ask for and for what platforms I have
>access to! :)
>
>The only access I have to older Mac hardware is a PowerPC Tiger
>machine.  Will this do what you want?  I have no idea how to build a
>universal binary (never looked into it as I figured in 6 months there
>would be no point) though...

Sorry for my delayed reply.  Let's say you want to build a 4-way
universal MINC that works on 10.4 and 10.5.  You do the following:

For CMake: Very easy.  Just set the following settings:
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES   i386;x86_64;ppc;ppc64
CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT         /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS           -mmacosx-version-min=10.4
CMAKE_C_FLAGS             -mmacosx-version-min=10.4

For configure/make:
You basically just need to add "-mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -isysroot /
Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -arch ppc -arch ppc64 -arch
x86_64" to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.

See also:
<http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2137.html>

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com