[MINC-users] problem while install the Minc on ubuntu

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue May 20 23:21:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

Seems that that page is somewhat out of date (I never even knew it
existed).  Use this line for /etc/apt/sources.list

   deb http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ubuntu-hardy/ ./

And all should be good. Also if you want "full" MINC functionality (to
build code and other things) then this list of packages will also
prove handy:

   sudo apt-get install netcdfg-dev libhdf5-serial-dev libnetpbm9-dev
fftw-dev libgsl0-dev libgetopt-tabular-perl \
      libmni-perllib-perl libxext-dev glutg3-dev libsoqt-dev
libxmu-dev libxi-dev

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:15 PM, bin lv <vikingy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I want to install the Minc tools  on my ubuntu system (8.04
> hardy).Following the instruction on: (
> http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/InstallingBicSoftware  and
> http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/MincDebian ), I met the problem:
>
>    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>       mni-autoreg: Depends: netcdf but it is not installable
>        register: Depends: netcdf but it is not installable
>
>    It seems that I didn't install the packages netcdf, while in fact I have
> installed this packages, and I can find these in my system: libnetcdf++3,
> libnetcdf3. netcdf-bin, netcdfg-dev. I'm confused that why the package
> dependencies problem  still occur.
>
>    Does anyone can point out what's wrong with me? Thanks in advance!
>
>  bin lv

Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883