[MINC-users] Display and Register Building under Leopard

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sun Mar 2 17:26:55 EST 2008

Hello List,

   As part of my rebuilding the world using minc-2.0.15, I seem to
have come across a problem under Leopard (10.5).  Specifically, the
linker dies while linking Display and Register with the following
error message ...

ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11/lib/libGL.dylib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [register] Error 1

   According to "The Google" this is a common error under Leopard.
The work-around is to add a couple of linker flags, like this ...

LDFLAGS="-Wl,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"

This fixed the build error for me. Very cursory testing found both
programs functioning OK.

-Jim