[MINC-users] optizing minctracc parameters for heart data

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 09:07:09 EDT 2008

Hi Michel

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 21:07, Audette, Michel
<Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> after registering inner ear data, I'm now playing with cardiac data. I have preop CT and DynaCT  data to register. Can anyone comment about the appropriateness of the default w_translations w_rotations and step parameters appropriate for this anatomy?

Seems like you are a busy lad... I dont think there is any more magic
beyond "just scale" to the organ size you are working with. In any
case I usually just find it simpler to scale the organ and not the
parameters.  ie: make the heard the size of a brain.

> One of the two data sets spans a good part of the chest, but the registration can probably be determined by the heart and aorta alone, and perhaps incrementally improved with masks based on the coronary arteries and aorta.

Sounds suspiciously like what happens with registration of mouse brain
data. Here I was hoping they would comment on this but no luck so far!
:)

--
Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883