[MINC-users] nii2mnc

John Absher john at absherneurology.com
Mon Jun 23 16:21:17 EDT 2008

Running nii2mnc under ubuntu gutsy, we are having trouble.  We're using
spm5, and have tried saving as nii in one .nii file, and also as .img + .hdr
file.  When we try nii2mnc (on ubunutu), we get an error ... can't find the
header.  It won't translate into mnc.  What are we doing wrong?

A second question is whether there is right-left confusion on the nii2mnc
conversions, or if the spm5 import takes care of it?  We have some analyze
format files (created using MRIcro, Chris Rorden's program) that we put into
spm5 to do normalization and segmentation, and now we want to get them back
into David MacDonald's register and Display programs running under ubuntu.
We can get them into spm5, but not safely back again.

Thanks,

John

John R. Absher, MD, FAAN
Absher Neurology, PA