[MINC-users] MINC2 on Mac OS X 10.5

Burt Crépeault burt.crepeault at crulrg.ulaval.ca
Tue Jul 29 12:15:37 EDT 2008

Thanks Alex, I simply copied the full content of your 64-bit tarball into
/usr/local/ and everything appears to be working fine. Wished I had tried
that first thing... ;)

For future Mac OS X 10.5 users, here's what I did, step by step:

- downloaded bic_tools.tar.gz from
http://packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/osx-10.5-x86_64-alex/ and saved to the
desktop
- double-clicked bic_tools.tar.gz to unzip, untar it
- opened a terminal window
- # sudo mkdir /usr/local
- # sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/bic_tools/* /usr/local/

Cheers,

Burt.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Alexandre CARMEL-VEILLEUX <
acveilleux at mrs.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:39:43AM -0400, Burt Crépeault wrote:
> >
> > # file /sw/lib/libhdf5.0.0.0.dylib
> > /sw/lib/libhdf5.0.0.0.dylib: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library
> i386
> > # file /usr/local/bic/bin/register
> > /usr/local/bic/bin/register: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
>
>         There's your problem... You need the 64-bit version of the libs.
> You can pluck them out of my tarball. Or go through the trouble of building
> them. One of them (hdf5?) will require you to rebuild the autoconf/automake
> pipeline since it can't link 64-bit on mac.
>
>        You can also reuild the minc stuff in 32-bit, it's pretty straight
> forward. Takes about 2 or 3 hours to build most of it.
>
> Alex

Burt Crépeault
Research Assistant
Centre de Recherche de l'Université Laval - Robert-Giffard
418-663-5741, ext 6844