[MINC-users] X Error of failed request: BadRequest

Burt Crépeault burt.crepeault at crulrg.ulaval.ca
Wed Jul 23 15:16:17 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I just installed the Mac OS X binaries from here:
http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/software/distribution/osx.html over a fresh
install of Leopard.

When launching Register, I get:

X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  128 (Apple-DRI)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  16

Anybody have any ideas what might be the cause?

By the way, the above package is dated January 28, 2004, is there a newer
one laying around? Would there be interest from the OS X community in
getting a newer version since I'm pretty sure some of the tools have changed
in the past 4.5 years? In other words, I'm willing to help doing the legwork
but since I'm no guru in these matters, I need a little push to get started
(where to get the source files, how to compile, how to make the package,
etc.).

Thanks,

--
Burt Crépeault