[MINC-users] Accessing 4D image data in MINC / Normalisation

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 06:40:17 EST 2008

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Paul Lyon <paulclyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been developing a piece of software to analyse neuro PET images
> under MINC 1.5 and it is nearly complete other than one outstanding
> problem that I have.
>
> The PET images that I am using are converted from MINC and have a 4th
> (time) dimension and are converted from ECAT using ecattominc.

If you want a simple way to read things all in and then out and not
worry about the voxel data type, then if you are sticking with MINC
1.X I have attached a few files that should give some examples of how
to do this with volume_io. The first gives a quick howto with
volume_io, the second is a makefile to suit and the third is not as
well commented but shows what to do to extend the first example to 4D.

the volume_io manuals and the likes are here:

   http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC/Reference/MINC1-volumeio-programmers-reference

However I would recommend that you use MINC 2.0 instead but it is
probably a little late for that now!
There are some examples for that here:

   http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MINC/Tutorials#Programming_with_the_MINC_toolkit

Good luck!

Andrew Janke - andrew.janke at anu.edu.au
Department of Geriatric Medicine, ANU
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883