[MINC-users] minctracc - different results on 32 vs 64 bit

D. Louis Collins louis.collins at mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 11 16:53:43 EST 2008

An interesting confirmation: I've just run automated HC segmentation
with MAC  (64b) and Linux (32b) implementations of the pipeline using
non-linear registration of minctracc.

I find that on average over 20 subjects, on both left and right HC,
there is a 2% average magnitude difference in label volume between the
32bit and 64bit pipelines.  (and there is a 0.5% bias in the
magnitude).  However, the correlation between the 32bit and 64bit HC
volumes is 0.990 - so the results are similar, but not the same.

A potential 'gotcha' to worry about.

-Louis