[MINC-users] Minctracc problem

Vladimir Fonov vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:44:54 EST 2008

Hello,

Vasiliki N. Ikonomidou wrote:
> I am trying to register a T2-weighted image to an IR-SPGR one, using the
> following command for calculating the transform:
> minctracc -est_center -est_translations -lsq7 -mi t2.mnc spgr.mnc
> t2_2_spgr.xfm -clobber
> This worked out fine for most of my datasets, but for four of them,
> after getting the message
>
> WARNING: source volume not UNSIGNED_BYTE, will do conversion now.
> Converting: ............................................     (which
> takes forever)
This looks like a bug in the minctracc, which version are you using ?
(run minctracc -version).

> it gives the message
>
> Not implemented yet in cache_volume_range_has_changed()
> WARNING: target volume not UNSIGNED_BYTE, will do conversion now.
>
> and then minctracc quits without creating the .xfm file.
> mri_info gives both source and target volumes to be SHORT(4). minctracc
> works if I change the cost criterion, but the results are off.
>
> Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
You can try converting problematic images into byte first, and see if
minctracc will work:

mincreshape -unsigned -byte t2.mnc t2_byte.mnc
mincreshape -unsigned -byte spgr.mnc spgr_byte.mnc
minctracc -est_center -est_translations -lsq7 -mi t2_byte.mnc
spgr_byte.mnc  t2_2_spgr.xfm -clobber

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir S. Fonov ~ vladimir dot fonov at gmail dot com