[MINC-users] Display

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:17:41 EDT 2008

Hi Harsha,

> * Gurukar, Harsha <harsha_gurukar at merck.com> [20080819 15:39]:
>> We have Display compiled on SUSE Linux server running on AMD Opetron.
>> The binary works on Redhat AS too.
>>
>> Display works fine from Intel based 32 bit or 64 bit XP workstations
>> connected to the Linux server via Reflections X, however, it crashes
>> when connected from a AMD Opetron based 64 Bit XP workstation.

I haven't tried this specific setup myself (Reflection X costs Money!
:) and instead use Cygwin/X to do these sort of things. However I
would be surprised if it is the CPU type that is causing the crash in
Windows land.

I would be more pointing a finger at the graphics sub-system. Does the
AMD have an ATI graphics chip and the Intel and Intel graphics chip?
If so I would be hunting for the problem via the many bazillions of
ATI driver combos that seem to be out there for Windows users.
(Catalyst vs ATI vs vendor ATI...)

Failing that is there a chance that you can run Display locally (via
cygwin), this is the usual approach that I take in such cases.

Andrew Janke - andrew.janke at anu.edu.au
Department of Geriatric Medicine, ANU
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia +61 (402) 700 883