[MINC-users] Register's configure test for GLUT

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 21:06:06 EDT 2008

> Hmmm - so I would say there is something that doesn't entirely line up
> there. If these dependencies exist, shouldn't installing the glut
> packages draw these other libraries in as well? I guess the
> Ubuntu/Debian package dependencies don't follow the same conventions
> or logic as the autoconf archive...

Very likely.  I would say it is more a case of GLUT being a crusty old
thing that is not used much anymore (in deference to QT/itk/vtk/GTK+
and thus the dependencies are not that well checked.

> Attached where?

I guess the list strips attachments. Try this:

http://mavis.anu.edu.au/minc-beta/configure.in

> On that note, what is the 'minc-tools' package that has ended up in
> the standard ubuntu distribution, and how did it get there? :)

Steve Robbins. (And he still maintains it).  It is a proper "Debian"
build of MINC itself in which the library, dev stuff and tools are
split up as they "should be" according to Debian policy.