[MINC-users] t threshold for corrected p value of Aston's method

Ji Hyum KO kojinet at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 30 17:56:48 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to understand how the statistics works in the raclopride PET
studies using Aston's method.

It may sound ridiculous, but I don't really understand what the t
threshould should be for the corrected p value.

As far as I understand, I should calculate the t threshold based on
Worsely et al., Human Brain Mapping, 1996.
I am really sure that it is very well-written famous paper, but I
couldn't figure out how to calculate the t-threshold in the given
conditions.

I found a raclopride instruction in the phpwiki in the follwoing link.
http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/RacloprideInstructions
It says everything (t value) above 3.5 or less than -3.5 is significant.
I don't think this is true since I found the following papers saying
different t threshold, probably due to the different number of subjects.

Boileau et al., 2007, t>4.2, 8 subjects.
Hakyemex et al., 2008, t>3.85, 10 subjects.

Is there any easy way to calculate t threshold for p<0.05 (corrected)?

And, is it going to be the same even if I consider the whole brain rather
than just striatum, e.g., fallypride study?

Thanks,

Ji Hyun