[MINC-users] MINC 2.0.13

Claude LEPAGE claude at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat Sep 15 21:38:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

Here is my strongly suggested way of using minc2.

Set your shell environment to include (in csh):
     setenv MINC_FORCE_V2 1
     setenv MINC_COMPRESS 4

You can place those commands in your .cshrc or .bashrc (for sh
users).

This will make minc2 behave as I think it should behave: always
produce minc2 output, but seamlessly read minc1 or minc2. No need
to specify -2 on some of the tools, nor do you have to convert
your original images from minc1 to minc2.

The second flag activates internal compression. The compression
ratio is as good as gzip and compression is very fast too that it
should always be used.

bye

Claude