[MINC-users] Regional CBF differences

John Absher john at absherneurology.com
Thu Sep 6 08:15:59 EDT 2007

Hi, Andrew,

Sorry, I didn't make this clear.  I don't need help with the registrations.
The 16 CBF PET scans, and the 4 MRIs for these 4 subjects are already in
Talairach space.

I seek an automated way to determine the quantitative CBF PET changes on a
region-by-region basis (rather than voxel by voxel).  I have 2 "baseline
blood pressure" scans and 2 "low-blood-pressure" scans per subject.  I want
to know how much blood pressure declined/changed in the thalamus, the
caudate, the cingulate gyrus, and all other "standard" brain regions, like
those defined by the Talairach atlas.

I'm hoping there's an automated way to calculate these regional CBF
differences.  I can use mincmath (Baseline1 - LowBP1, Baseline2-LowBP1,
etc.) to run all 4 possible subtractions for each of the 4 subjects, then
average these differnece images, again using mincmath.  However, I still
need some way to analyze the voxels in the difference images (one per
subject).  I'd like to do the whole brain, and print a table showing these
average differences, by region, by subject.

I hope that makes sense, now.  Thanks, for any help you can provide.

John