[MINC-users] Undefined symbols in MacOS

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 19:43:39 EDT 2007

Hi Luis,

I certainly have not seen this before, but it would hazzard a guess
that there might be a missing extern "C" {} somewhere given the lack
of function mangling. (unless of course the error output from
compilers is more helpful these days! :)

Is this particular spotty cat Intel or PPC based?  (And Sean, if you
are reading this, can you organise SSH access for me to it so that I
can have a look at this?)

On 9/6/07, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> We are using MINC2 as a support library for ITK (www.itk.org),
> and one of our Nightly builds is reporting the following link error:
>
> http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/RogueResearch2/MacOSXTiger-univ/20070905-0100-Nightly/BuildError.html
>

> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _fputs$UNIX2003
> _close$UNIX2003
> _open$UNIX2003
> _read$UNIX2003
> _write$UNIX2003
> _strerror$UNIX2003
>

> We are wondering if the error may be related to MINC2
> or to one of the underlying libraries HDF5 or NetCDF.
>

> Has anyone seen similar errors when building an
> application based on MINC2 under MacOS ?
>

>     Thanks for any hints,
>

>         Luis

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883