[MINC-users] mritotal nonlinear fitting problem

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:42:30 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,

>    I'm attempting to use mritotal to do a nonlinear fit and, after a
> certain amount of processing, am greeted with the following error:
>
> special pre-processing for high-resolution nonlinear fits: making
> Undefined subroutine &main::parse_num_list called at
> /usr/local/mni/bin/xfmtool line 399, <GEN0> line 11.
> mritotal: crashed while running xfmtool (termination status=65280)
>
> So, it looks like xfmtool is looking for perl subroutine
> parse_num_list. Does anyone know where this thing lives?

You are correct! Seems that when I converted xfmtool to using MNI::
perllib things that I missed one function.  In the end it turns out
that this function only seems to be used in xfmtool so I have added it
to xfmtool itself.

Try this patched version:

   http://mavis.anu.edu.au/minc/xfmtool

You will have to replace your current version of xfmtool with this so
that the other tools use it in deference to the old one.

This should make it into the next release of mni-autoreg.