[MINC-users] MINC 2.0.13 - windows

Rupert Brooks rupe.brooks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:03:56 EDT 2007

hi people,

I've been using Leila Bagdadis Windows binaries of minc 2.0.09 for a
while now.  Its high time for me to upgrade, mainly for compatibility
with the  MINC reader in ITK3.4 (in the Review section).

What is particularly important to me is to be able to link against it
with Visual C++.  It doesnt seem easy to get cygwin or mingw to take
me down this road.  Has anyone done this?

My main questions are - how were these binaries built?   They seem to
have been built with VC++7, and i suppose that means that Microsoft's
Posix compatibility layer was used.  But this is a total guess based
on running strings against the binary.  Does anyone plan to build a
set of these soon (Leila??) ?

Anyway, if no one has plans to build a set, I don't mind building it,
but a few pointers as to where to start would be very helpful.

cheers
Rupert  B.