[MINC-users] minc/debian/GLIBC_2_4?

Sylvain MILOT sylvain at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue May 15 15:37:19 EDT 2007

Hi ALex,

well I just checked, this is not one of our systems as they all have minc
1.4. (well actually, until this morning, all but one - this is now fixed)
I suspect you're running minc 1.5.1 which was released by Andrew and
made its way to the "apt" repository, and shouldn't have, but has now been
removed. If you're sourcing stuff from packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca, you
will get version 1.5.1 and also if you sourced from /mirror/mni-packages
between May 10th and this morning.

As for why mincinfo version 1.5.1 is broken, ask Andrew.

 On Tue, 15 May 2007, Alex ZIJDENBOS wrote:

> Hallo all,
>
> I've been scratching my head on this one for a while now, and I'm
> still stuck. I have a MINC installation on a debian sarge machine
> which used to work fine and is suddenly broken:
>
> $ mincinfo -help
> mincinfo: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by mincinfo)
>
> My (so far unconfirmed) suspicion is that this happened the last time
> I ran apt-get update/upgrade, which installed
>
>   libc6 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge6
>
> the previous version was either -sarge4 or -sarge5
>
> Anybody else run into this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Alex

---