[MINC-users] brain-view binary (and source packages).

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu May 10 18:45:47 EDT 2007

Hi all,

   Many thanks for the work Andrew, however, I believe I have a problem.
We're running Edgy, and I came across 3 problems: 2 solvable, and 1
definitely not.

Solvable 1: the pcre lib on Edgy seems to have a different name, thus a sym
lnk is necessary:
>>ln -s libpcrecpp.so.0.0.0 libpcre++.so.0

Sovable 2: missing simage lib.  So, need to install ...
>>apt-get install libsimage20c2

Unsolvable: Programs runs well, however aborts whenever I pick the pointy
tool and click on the cortical surface.  The output looks a little like this
..

adding texture
adding geometry
after callback registration
after cameras
after setting of scene graph
before showing of viewers
Just before loop  **** I initiate the problem right here ****
Picker - num points: 3
Picker - index: 27781
Picker - index: 27780
Picker - index: 6974
brain-view: symbol lookup error: brain-view: undefined symbol:
_ZN6pcrepp4PcreC1ERKSsS2_

Looks related to the pcre lib, don't I really don't understand entry point
mangling. Any ideas?

-Jim

On 5/10/07, Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally I have this done,
>
> get it fresh from:
>
>    packages.bic.mni.mcgil.ca/deb
>
> or in source from
>
>    packages.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/tgz
>
> Note that this thing has a heap of dependencies that I have no
> included as pre-requisites in the package if only because I am sure
> there are a few versions of COIN and the likes out there.
>
> So, on my system (ubuntu feisty), I had to install these packages.
>
>    apt-get install libpcre3 libglut3 libxmu6 libxi6 libcoin40c2
> libqt3-mt libsoqt20
>
> once you have these and the packages line in your sources.list just type:
>
>    apt-get install brain-view
>

> ------
>

> Now if you want to build it from source (hey there are those out there
> who might like to).
>
> you will need to download these source packages from /tgz
>
>    arguments-0.2.1.tar.gz
>    bicInventor-0.3.1.tar.gz
>    oobicpl-0.4.3.tar.gz
>    brain-view-0.6.2.tar.gz
>
> and them make them in that order.  Of course you will also (if you are
> on a debian system have to install this lot:
>
>    apt-get install libpcre3-dev libglut3-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev \
>       libcoin40-dev libqt3-mt-dev libsoqt-dev
>
> and you still wont be finished as then you will have to (if you are on
> ubuntu) go and get these:
>
>    libpcre++-dev_0.9.5-2_i386.deb
>    libpcre++0_0.9.5-2_i386.deb
>
> If you are a debian user, then just apt-get them.
>
> good luck...
>
> The usual Mac packages will follow in time, as usual there are a few
> quirks with them.  I know Jason has this working so it should not be
> that much of a problem.
>
> Now, who was it out there who had volunteered to write a wiki page for
> this if I made the package? :)
>

> --
> Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
> Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883

Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
McGill University
Tel: (514) 340-8222 x 2298
Fax: (514) 340-8295