[MINC-users] brain-view??

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed May 2 10:07:23 EDT 2007

Hi Jason,

   I shall defer to you on Inventor versus VTK issues. I assumed its death
due to its lack of presence and current documentation (not the look).
Assuming that no one from Alan's group objects, where might I find the most
current source and perhaps a make file? I would be perfectly willing to
cobble together a bit of documentation, if that would help.

-Jim

On 5/2/07, Jason Lerch <jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> EJ Nikelski wrote:
> > Hi Anka,
> >
> >    Are you looking for beta testers? We would be willing to test
> mincView,
> > particularly if it provides similar functionality to brain-view, i.e.
> > overlaying a cortical surface (obj) with functional or cortical
> thickness
> > data.  Just make the source and a make file available, and we can build
> it
> > ourselves.  We don't really need a package at this point ...
> >
> >    BTW, do you know whether brain-view is really dead? It looks a bit
> dated
> > (QT3  with SoQT libraries and a very Inventor look to it).  If it is
> > officially dead, I shall recommend that we look for something else.
> >
> Contrary to seemingly popular belief, brain-view is not dead (as an
> aside, why would having an Inventor look make it seem dead? I'll take
> Inventor or its derivatives over VTK any day). As far as I know you're
> welcome to it, unless anyone from Alan's group objects.
>
> Jason
> > Thanks for the info,
> >
> > -Jim
> >

> > On 5/1/07, Anka Kochanowska <anka at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> In Louis Collins' lab we have an IGNS project with few applications
> that
> >> allow you to view minc data or display obj files.
> >> There is a simple program called MincView, based on vtk (5.0) with qt
> >> user interface.
> >> As the project is not finished, there is no package ready for install,
> >> and I have not yet thought of creating it (I am the main developer on
> >> the project).
> >>
> >> Anka

> past.
> packages
> >>>
> >> http://wiki.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/index.php/BrainViewDev>

> developed
> >>>
> >> and

> in

Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Sir Mortimer B. Davis - Jewish General Hospital
McGill University
Tel: (514) 340-8222 x 2298
Fax: (514) 340-8295