[MINC-users] nu_evaluate crash

Jonathan HARLAP jharlap at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 29 09:19:10 EDT 2007

Hi Simon,

The direction cosines attribute should always be present, regular or
irregular, as it describes the directions of the axes that define the
image dimensions.  The irregularity has to do with a dimension with
nonuniform step sizes.  Assuming that the step sizes are basically all
the same (within the irregular dimension, I mean) and that the
irregularity is insignificant, you can fix it with:

mincresample -nearest_neighbour irregular.mnc regular.mnc

There are also other ways which have been previously discussed on this
mailing list if you want to dig through archives, but just be aware that
it is *not* sufficient to simply modify the [xyz]space:spacing attribute
to be "regular__" as doing so will leave the irregular spacing
information in the [xyz]space variable (`mincheader -data irregular.mnc`
to see what I mean).

Cheers,