[MINC-users] MINC Images - Center of Mass and/or Gravity

Jonathan LAU lau at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat Jun 30 13:34:20 EDT 2007

Hey Paul,

Taking a look at the mincstats code, it looks like CoM calculates the voxel
and world coordinates for the centre by summing each image voxel's
coordinates weighted by its image intensity. This is, I think, just the
geometric centre if the input was binary. The results also depends on
whether you have applied a mask or not to the input image.

This might be what minctracc does, but I'm not familiar enough with the code
to comment.

hope that helps!
jon