[MINC-users] Intel mac Display-1.4.2 not loading binary .surface obj files

Jason Lerch jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 29 12:40:52 EDT 2007

The binary versions of obj files are endian dependent - so if they were
created on a different endian machine (say a MIPS processor IRIX machine
creates them and then a i386 linux box tries to read them) you'll get
that error. Convert the files to ascii (using ascii_binary) on the
machine that created the surfaces and you'll be all set.

Jason