[MINC-users] How to create a "wireframe" surface object?

Alexandre CARMEL-VEILLEUX acveilleux at mrs.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 26 11:53:43 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:42:01AM -0400, Najmeh Khalili M. wrote:

> Can you please tell me where/what -one_hit is/does?

	The ray will only hit once on the same object. So if a ray
would have say, gone through a sulcus and out and then back into another
one again, ray_trace will not render both surfaces if they're part of the
same .obj (I only used .obj with a single object in them I have no idea
how it would behave with multiple disconnected surfaces in a single .obj
file.)

	This is only an issue if the surface is not opaque obviously.
However with -one_hit ray_trace will render the surface of the first hit
on every different objects it encounters, like your markers.

	It's best to experiment with this.

	I hope I make sense ;-)

Alex