[MINC-users] Fwd: Minc to Analyze issue

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:31:34 EST 2007

> With regard to the spm_defaults issue, I am using standard minc and analyze
> formats -- is there a way to determine if spm_defaults is being used?

Nope.  But then spm_defaults is SPM specific and you seem to be using
FSL.  Meaning you could load your analyze image in SPM and then in FSL
and get two (very) different things.

> I have been doing a lot of testing, and in one test case, minc2analyze
> preserves image alignment across format conversion, whereas mnc2nii does
> not.
> I can show/send you the images if you like.  I'm still trying to figure out
> where minc2analyze comes from in the context of minc tools.

! have never used minc2analyze but I do know that steve smith wrote
something yonks ago so I presume this is it.

> The reason I would like to conserve image alignment across format conversion
> (in both the images and transforms) is that I am experimenting with using
> customized pre-processing (in minc format) for Siena (which requires analyze
> format input).

Whenever I have done this in the past, the only consistent way to make
this work is to resample everything to the same space (using
mincresample) and then convert.

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883