[MINC-users] piping mincmath

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 01:21:30 EST 2007

In sort no.

This is due to the way that netCDF has a define and data mode that is
not at all amenable to pipes.  Now with the change to HDF with minc2.0
in theory it should now be possible but I have not (and likely will
not!) have the time to implement it.

The -filelist option you speak of is regarding a large number of input
files if you were adding them all for example and hit the limit of
ncargs.

The situation you describe however was the main mitigating factor for
me to write minccalc. You can do it as such:

   minccalc -expression '(A[0] + 1) * 3' tge4.mnc test.mnc

(Presuming I can grok what you are trying to do correctly!)

On 2/28/07, Soren Christensen <sorench at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there away to pipe intermediate results from mincmath calculations?
>  fx:
> mincmath -add -const 1 tge4.mnc | mincmath  -mult -const 3 test.mnc
>
> The help page says:
> -filelist:              Specify the name of a file containing input file
> names (- for stdin).
>
> But I have trouble making this work.
>
> Thanks
> Soren

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883