[MINC-users] Display Vi property and float datatype

Jonathan HARLAP jharlap at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 21 15:44:22 EST 2007

Hi Mishkin,

I took a quick look and made a few minor edits, but the section that
seems most needing editing makes some claims that I cannot find basis
for.  Where in the code of Display do you find it dividing by 255 to
do voxel to value conversion?  From what I see, it always (correctly)
uses volume_io's convert_voxel_to_value and convert_value_to_voxel.

Also, you should take into account that not all mincs are native (from
scanner), so your statements about voxel values always being integers
is not strictly correct.  For an easy example, try:

mincmath -double -div <some minc file.mnc> -const 2 test.mnc

You'll then see voxel values that step by 0.5 rather than 1.
Obviously this is a very artificial example, but probability maps
stored as MINCs will likely exhibit this behaviour.

Out of curiousity, which Alex do you refer to in your page?

Cheers,