[MINC-users] minctracc with mutual information and spline-based transformation

Audette, Michel Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Aug 27 08:07:00 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I had some correspondence with a fellow Minc user, and he indicated to me that mutual information-based variant of minctracc does not work well with a spline-based freeform interpolation, due to insufficiency of data for the local histogram that determines the local spline. Has anyone used minctracc in this way (in a manner similar to Daniel Ruickert), rather than the usual Animal correlation method?

Can anyone report their experience of using it in this manner? I have data that are dissimilar to each other, so I'm thinking that mutual information might be a useful avenue.

Secondly, I'm thinking of weighting a registration method for critical tissues, using a mask computed from each patient's scan. Can anyone comment about the feasibility, with either Animal or Mutual information, of using a mask that correlates with these, or perhaps tweaking the algorithm to weight critical tissues more strongly?

Best regards,

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Innovation Center Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS)
Philipp-Rosenthal-Strasse 55
Leipzig, Germany
Phone: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 13
Fax: ++49 (0) 341 / 97 - 1 20 09