[MINC-users] Problem with mritotal

Ed Gronenschild ed.gronenschild at mi.unimaas.nl
Thu Aug 16 10:25:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

Currently we are acquiring MRI volumes on a 3T machine. After
conversion to minc format I used the command 'insect' to preprocess
the scans. I noticed that for some scans this resulted in too small
brains which, in addition, were also not correctly orientated in
stereotaxic orientation. Most probably 'mritotal' is not able to
derive a correct (linear) transformation. To check this I artificially
multiplied the pixel size in X and Z by a factor 1.2 in the conversion
to minc format (so without changing the voxel data). This resulted in
a correctly sized and orientated volume.

Is there some limitation in mritotal or a bug?

Info: Mac OSX 10.4.10 and MINC software version for OSX 10.3

Kind regards,
Ed