[MINC-users] registering two tag files to get an xfm file

Vladimir FONOV vladimir.fonov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 22:21:48 EDT 2007

Hello Michel,

On 8/15/07, Audette, Michel <Michel.Audette at medizin.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> I have two tag files consisting of the same anatomical landmarks
> identified in two volumes, one from high res MR from individual A
> (0.078mm isotropic resolution), and another, fairly high res CT from
> individual B (0.2mm in x and y, 0.3mm in z), both scans of the middle
> left ear. Is there a tag file registration command that will produce an
> xfm file, that I can subsequently refine with Animal over the two
> volumes? Any suggestions as to how to tweak Animal for this?

There is a tagtoxfm program which calculates transformation based on
the tag points. But it expects a single tag file with two sets of tags
(register produces this file when you load two volumes).

For animal , you can specify this xfm file as a parameter to minctracc
: -transformation <our xfm file>

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir S. Fonov ~ vladimir.fonov <at> gmail.com