[MINC-users] using N3 - parameter values

Jason Lerch jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 21 10:06:37 EDT 2006

On 20-Sep-06, at 5:20 PM, Thorarin Bjarnason wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> How does one use N3? What flags do users generally set? When I run the
> default, there are very little changes. Randomly setting flags seems
> hardly scientific  :-).

The default should work on 1.5T images. The most important parameters
for nu_correct to play with are:

-mask binary_mask.mnc -> limits the processing to a region of
interest - usually a good idea.
-distance -> lowering the distance to less than the default of 200 is
often a good way of removing stronger inhomogeneities.
-fwhm -> lowering the width of the deconvolution kernel can also
increase accuracy.

Another good tool to know is imp2field. nu_correct outputs two files
- the corrected minc file and the field that it found (and removed).
To actually view the field you have to turn it into a minc file first
- this is what imp2field does.

Hope this helps,

Jason