[MINC-users] Installing MINC & X-term

Jonathan HARLAP jharlap at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 26 12:36:19 EDT 2006

To run gui stuff using X with ssh you'd need to be using an X11 server
on your mac rather than the standard Terminal.  If you're running
Panther (10.3) you can use the Apple X11 server at
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/x11formacosx.html, while if
you're running Tiger the X11 server is on the Tiger install DVD.

I can't comment on the minc package for mac as it isn't clear which minc
package you're using (Andrew's recent binaries from packages.bic..., the
source tarball, Jason's outdated binaries from
www/software/distribution/).  If you don't want to compile your own
stuff, you should probably use Andrew's binaries from packages.bic.

Cheers,
Jon