[MINC-users] minc2dicom ?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 10:36:38 EDT 2006

> I'm stuck with some image conversion problems. I need to convert minc
> into the vista format. I can convert dicom to vista, but I'm not sure if
> there is a tool for converting minc into dicom.
> Maybe I'll have to write some minc2vista code, but I really hope I don't.
> Any suggestions?

Conversion to DICOM is somethat that I myself never plan to support or
even implement.  The main reason being that there is (paradoxically)
no DICOM standard for the sort of thing we do.

However my suggestion would be something like this:

   for i in `seq 0 <nslices>`;
   do

      mincpik infile.mnc tmp.png;
      dicom2 tmp.png  out_$i.dcm;
   done

I dont have the syntax for dicom2 right but you can get it from here:

   http://www.barre.nom.fr/medical/dicom2/

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012