[MINC-users] Mailing list admins wanted!

Alex ZIJDENBOS alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 10 10:11:56 EDT 2006

AFAIK, SpamAssassin is already used on incoming mail, and the spam is
flagged accordingly; but I suspect minc-users doesn't check those
flags. Somebody with admin access to minc-users should add a spam
filter rule that discards everything containing

I suspect that will reduce the spam load a good bit (it has for lists
that I have control over).

-- A

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 03:06:37AM +0000, Raymond Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to help out on the mailing list for quite a while.
> Someone keeps beating me to it, but there are just way too many spam
> emails coming in. Is it not possible to use spam software or this?
> It is pretty much a waste of time doing this by hand!
>
> Can Spamassassin or other be used first?
>
> Raymond

| Alex P. Zijdenbos, Ph.D.        |                                     |
| McConnell Brain Imaging Centre  |  Phone: [+1] 514 398-5220  (office) |
| Montreal Neurological Institute |         [+1] 514 398-1996   (dept.) |
| 3801 University St., WB-208     |    Fax: [+1] 514 398-8952  (office) |
| Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2B4       |         [+1] 708 810-3309 (private) |
| CANADA                          | E-mail:      alex at bic.mni.mcgill.ca |