[MINC-users] iv2bicobj

Jason Lerch jason at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 28 16:05:16 EST 2006

Greetings all,

for the morbidly curious: I've added a somewhat misnamed iv2bicobj
utility to the bicInventor library. It lets you go from inventor meshes
back to David's obj file format. Only works for polygons/indexed face
sets for the moment. And unless I hear people clamoring for other data
types that's probably all that it'll work for. Has very little error
checking at this point, so will probably give horrible segfaults if
tried with other data types (or with some version of inventor meshes
which violate the simplistic assumptions I've made).

Why? There are a number of programs out there - such as amira - which
can do neat things to meshes and save in the inventor format.

Cheers,

Jason