[MINC-users] keep_real_range

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu May 11 00:03:11 EDT 2006

Hi Stefano,

If I understand correctly, I think what you need to do is just drop
the --keep_real_range argument altogether.

Mind you if you are transferring in and out of afni/nifti/spm all the
time you would probably be best served to use -float or -double for
all your files. This will definitely reduce the number of conversion
problems you will have with ranges.

On 5/9/06, Stefano Pellegrini <pellegrinis at ninds.nih.gov> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am tring to resample a b1 map (b1_map.mnc) to another image
> (emt_off.mnc) but I have a problem with the range of the output image.
> the input image, has this range
>
> file: b1_map.mnc
> image: signed__ double -100 to 50
>
> while the output iamge has
>
> file: reg_rig_off_b1_map.mnc
> image: signed__ double 0 to 1
>
> Instead I don't want the output range to change. the command that I have
> used is
>
> mincresample -clobber -transformation transformation.xfm -like
> emt_off.mnc -keep_real_range b1_map.mnc res_b1_map.mnc
>
> When I try to open it with AFNI, it recognize the original range. I
> think there is something that is not clear to me.
>
> Can anybody help me?
> thanks,
>
>         -stefano

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012