[MINC-users] Problems with Inormalize

Torsten Ruest t.ruest.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Thu Mar 16 06:42:18 EST 2006

Dear all,

I experienced some problems using inormalize. I wanted to scale the
intensity of a MR image according to a "reference" image. However there
seems something not being OK with this algorithm: although it displays a
normalization factor at the end, it seems not to apply it to the saved
image. There is no difference between the intensity non-uniformity
corrected image (which I did with N3 just before using inormalize) and
the inormalized image.
Has anybody experienced the same ?

Furthermore, I am wondering on what the scaling in inormalize is based
on. Given that the 2 images (reference, and image to be scaled according
to the reference) have the same matrix size, but are not in register,
would the scale factor be just the same as if the images would be in
register (assuming that just rotations and translations would need to be
applied to bring them in the same space)?
Thank you very much for any suggestions.
Regards,

Torsten