[MINC-users] nonlinear registration in minc

Ernest Lo elo at neurorx.com
Wed Mar 1 09:26:55 EST 2006

Hello,

I would like to perform a nonlinear registration of one image to another.
In fact it is the same patient, but there is some minor distortion in one
of the scans (that is affecting our tissue segmentation results).  So I'm
looking for a registration technique that will not only align the images
but correct for the distortion.

I have experimented with minctracc -nonlinear and mritoself with no
success.  I don't have much experience in this area but it seems to me
that a good nonlinear reg algorithm should be able to easily align these
two images.  Would anyone know of a good way to do this, in terms of
parameter settings, scripts, commands, etc.?

I have access to a couple of tools as well - nlfit_xcorr.pl and
nlfit_smr.pl - but these require various model files in addition to the
target image (blur levels etc.), which I don't know how to generate.  Any
advice in this area would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Ernest Lo
NeuroRX Research
Montreal, Canada