[MINC-users] change origin

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 09:31:16 EDT 2006

Hi Anna,

The simplest way to do this is to change the start value for each dimension.

For example if you wish to change the origin of the zspace co-ordinate
from 45 to 47 then you need to subtract 2 off the start as such:

   minc_modify_header -dinsert zspace:start=-93  myfile.mnc

On 6/26/06, Anna Caroli <acaroli at fatebenefratelli.it> wrote:
> Dear MINC users,
> does anybody know how to change the origin in a .mnc file?
> My file looks like this:
>
> > mincinfo myfile.mnc
>
> file: myfile.mnc
> image: signed__ short 0 to 32767
> image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
> dimension name length step start
> -------------- ------ ---- -----
> zspace 91 2 -91
> yspace 109 2 -109
> xspace 91 -2 91
>
> and, opening the file with Display or register, I can see that the origin is
> in 45, 54, 45.
>
> I would like to change the origin in order to have it in 46, 64, 37.
>
> Can anybody help me?
> Thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Anna
>
> Laboratory of Epidemiology, Neuroimaging & Telemedicine IRCCS San Giovanni
> di Dio FBF
> The National Center for Research and Care of Alzheimer's Disease
> via Pilastroni 4, 25125 - Brescia, Italy
> Tel: +39 030 3501 361, Fax: +39 02 700 435 727 www.centroAlzheimer.it

Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canada->Montreal                                   Cell: +1 (514) 924 2012