[MINC-users] Problems with linking libraries using Xcode

Ed Gronenschild ed.gronenschild at mi.unimaas.nl
Thu Jun 22 09:40:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm building my own image processing application with Apple's
Xcode 2.3 on a Mac with OS X 10.4.6. I'm linking against the libraries
libbicpl.a, libminc.a, libnetcdf.a and libvolume_io.a, all from the
minc-1.4 package for OSX 10.3. In Xcode I've set OS X 10.3.9
as cross-develop target SDK.
The application runs fine in debug mode, but as soon as I switch
to release mode (the application will be used by others) I get
linking errors, the same for each of  the minc libraries. For instance
for libbicpl.a:

"table of contents for archive: /...../libbicpl.a is out of date;
rerun ranlib(1)
(can't load from it)"

and finally

"/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 failed with exit code 1"

Does anybody know what to do?

Regards,

Ed