[MINC-users] mnc2nii

Robert VINCENT bert at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 16 12:14:26 EDT 2006

Hi Petra,

Can you be a bit more specific? What tool are you using to validate the
NII file?

In most of my testing I can successfully convert a MINC file to NII:

mnc2nii -short in.mnc out.nii

Then back to MINC:

nii2mnc -short out.nii out.mnc

and see that the statistical properties of the resulting image are
unchanged (within the limits of the voxel precision). It is possible, of
course, that I've gotten something wrong with respect to the NII format
such that some tools are not reading the intensities as I intended.

	-bert