[MINC-users] Registration using only translation and scale in minc

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:36:55 EDT 2006

On 7/26/06, Abraham Gedamu <abraham.gedamu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried minctracc -lsq9 w_rotations 0 0 0 source.mnc target.mnc
> out.xfmseveral times with different source files and target files,
> however when I
> run xfm2param on the out.xfm file, my rotations are not 0.

What are the rotations?  very close to 0?  If so then I suspect you
are being bitten by the fact that there are a number of ways to
describe the transformation in an affine matrix with a set of
translations, scales and rotations.  However if you are only trying to
recover translation and scale this still should not happen.

Copy in what minctracc and param2xfm return (And what you entered) and
we'll go from there.